Re: debconf dependancy problem

Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz> writes:

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
>
> > Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org> wrote:
> > >Debconf's dependancies are screwed ATM, which makes installing this
> > >rather tricky (since half the world depends on it these days):
> >
> > hurd-i386 is one of four architectures lagging on perl, apparently due
> > to a lack of build-dependencies on the autobuilder (?) ... all the
> > released arches are up-to-date enough. debconf is Architecture: all, so
> > perl needs to be brought somewhat more into sync before those four work.
> >
> Where does this leave the CDs?

I think you'd better wait for the new perl packages to be available. I
don't think this will be more than a few days.

What's the installation procedure like with these CDs? It'd be good to
have a bit in the Easy Guide about it...

Thanks,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."