Re: e2fsprogs thinks everything is already mounted (was: unowned processes and who controls them)

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 06:52:08PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Oystein Viggen <oysteivi@tihlde.org> writes:
>
> > (So much I don't know... Better shut up for a while and read up on how
> > the system works to stop making a fool of myself.  Just have to attach a
> > keyboard and screen to the hurd box to answer 'y' to fsck first ;)
>
> FWIW, I've filed a bug with patch against e2fsprogs for the "all disks
> are mounted paranoia". (Don't know the number yet, but you should be
> able to find it under <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/e2fsprogs> later
> today.)

I think the patch is fine.  Checking for this at configure time breaks cross
compilation anyway.  BTW, the Hurd has "device nodes" (which is simply a bit
flag in the stat information), but the values are set by the translator, and
as such "bogus" by design ;)

I think it was considered once to set them to "something" as an additional
piece of information, but I forgot what was proposed exatcly.  I only know
that it wasn't a very appealing idea.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de