Re: It seems lost something for installing hurd on a debian box recently.............

¹ù®c¼Ý <granziliao@sinamail.com> writes:

Hi,

> I have a debian box ,and I want to install a hurd system on it.  By
> the easy guide ,I used cross-install and got an error message about
> the miissing of needed pacakges like dpkg-mountable ..etc

dpkg-mountable is currently only available in stable, don't know why
it's not in unstable. Here's the description:

 dpkg-mountable adds an access method called `mountable' to dselect's
 list, which allows you to install of any filesystem specified in
 /etc/fstab (eg a normal hard disk partition, or an NFS server), which
 it will automatically mount and umount for you if necessary.
 [...]

So, if you don't need it, you can safely remove it from the package
list in cross-install.

hth,
	moritz
--