Re: unowned processes and who controls them (was: Re: passwd entry for uid -1

Quoth Marcus Brinkmann:

> It is probably useful to add here that the server responsible for that is
> the password server, which hands out auth handles with uids in exchange for
> the password.  This server runs as root and sits on /servers/password.

Hmm.  Now this _is_ nice.

I figure this is the reason why we don't use pam?  This seems way
better.

(So much I don't know... Better shut up for a while and read up on how
the system works to stop making a fool of myself.  Just have to attach a
keyboard and screen to the hurd box to answer 'y' to fsck first ;)

Oystein
--
This message was generated by a horde of attack elephants armed with PRNGs.