Re: exim

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 05:19:08AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> Need I say more?
>
> I should be ready to freeze the Hurd sub-archive within the next 24 hours
> and I would like to include a working exim.  Is there a working package
> somewhere that I could download?

It isn't for lack of trying. =(

I've got the cyrus-sasl package built, with the patch no prob.

openldap2 appears to have a series of problems:

1) it doesn't run autoconf after it patches configure.in
2) when I run autoconf by hand it triggers the empty-./configure bug
3) When I work around that, libsasl doesn't chain to libdl and pam, so there are a bunch of unresolved dependancies.
4) When I rerun libtoolize --force on cyrus-sasl, it can no longer link against anything in /lib

I need to be up in 6.5 hours for work, so I gotta stop here.  If anyone can see somewhere that I've gone wrong in these steps, please let me know.

good night!