Re: Support for large filesystems?

Quoth Marcus Brinkmann:

> Check your own drives with "storeinfo /dev/hd0" etc, and if you see a
> discrepancy, try to debug it in GNU Mach. I suspect there is some
> bit-lossing conversion from blocks to bytes and back to blocks or so.

It seems allright to me on my 6GB disk.  At least the result of
storeinfo -s divided by storeinfo -b on the same partition/disk always
came out an even 512 from bc -l.

Support for large filesystems would go a long way in making the hurd
look more like a proper OS to outsiders.  ("The last time I tried it,
you couldn't even have filesystems over 1GB". "Oh, they fixed that a
loong time ago". ;)

Oystein
--
This message was generated by a flock of happy penguins.