Re: compiling packages

    Igor> It's been a while since I made them, so I have to check the
    Igor> cyrus-sasl patch against the current source. However I think
    Igor> I've broken my cross compile environment and haven't fixed
    Igor> it yet. I'm finishing up my exams now, so expect to see more
    Igor> action from me starting in the next couple of
    Igor> weeks. However, I'm not averse to someone submitting them in
    Igor> the mean time. :-) I think Brian was already looking at the
    Igor> openldap package.

I submitted the patches to openldap, and the bug was closed, so I assume
that they have been integrated.

I am still not convinced that Ben Collins took note of the 2nd issue
(I raised two issues in the bug report) that the modified version of
libtool dropped dependencies on installed libraries. If this is still
the case (I haven't had time to check), it will not be possible to
compile packages like libpam-ldap and libnss-ldap.

(as linking to -lldap2 by itself causes undefined symbol errors, as
other required libraries are not included: eg libsasl).

While doing all of this, I never submitted patches for libsasl (which
appeared to work OK, except you need to use the latest libtool for
similar reasons described above). Please do file a bug report.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>