Re: cross-apt

    Marcus> I filed a wishlist item against dpkg for a
    Marcus> --do-not-run-postinst-and-presinst-scripts option long
    Marcus> time ago, but never got a response on it. It would be
    Marcus> truly useful. It would make dpkg-hurd completely obsolete.

Very much agreed. dpkg-hurd is IMHO rather hacked solution. I would
imagine that this option could be useful for other things too, eg.
initial NFS-Root installation of host of different CPU type (although
debian-installer might provide another solution here too, but then we
start getting off topic).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>