Re: official to do list

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 02:24:08PM -0700, Remy Saville wrote:
> I'm not ready for kernel hacking yet, but I'm ready to start
> looking for something trival to try to get going.  As I
> understand it most of the Debian Linux packages don't compile on
> HURD?

Fact is we don't know. I'd guess that of the packages which are not
explicitely Linux specific, about 30% don't compile (most of them because of
trivial errors).

> So I should just grab the source to an interesting Linux package
> and try making adjustments to allow it to compile on HURD?

Yes.

> Is there a list, or a need for somebody to make a list?

You can check the ftp.debian.org bianry archive. (We will provide a more
convenient full list later). More detailed status of a subset is available
through Jeffs status pages (erhm,
http://people.debian.org/~jbailey/something, where something is turtle,
turtle1, turtle2 or so).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de