Re: Hurd SMP (lack of) progress report.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 01:59:51AM -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> Well, I'm hooked up with Cable-Modem internet now though... Yippee!
> I have been very busy playing QuakeForge Team Fortress, you know, uh,
> debugging it and stuff :-)
>
> I have successfully compiled OSkit for Hurd and Linux, but am stumped
> with oskit-mach. In both Linux->i386-gnu and native Hurd it chokes on
> some problem with memcpy at the end of the compile. The readme had
> some sparse info on this subject but I couldn't figure out what to do.
>
> So, what to do?

You'd have to be more specific. What kind of errors are you getting?
There used to be some problem in gnumach where gcc couldn't compile it
properly (it was giving errors about overflowing of protected registers
or something). But that's been pached for a really long time now
in gnumach and oskit-mach.

Did you get your source from CVS or some sort of older tarball?

Igor