Re: ae and libslang

Fabian Sturm <f@rtfs.org> writes:

> Shouldn't ae be linked to lislang.so.1 ??

Yes it should. But see the "ae and exim" thread.

> Whats the difference between sid and woody?

sid = unstable; the place where new packages go.

woody is the name of the next version of Debian. Packages that have
survived "ok" for some time are copied from unstable to woody (also
known as "testing").

But Debian/Hurd is not (yet) participating in woody, so all hurd-i386
binaries will be in sid alone.

> And why is the sid/sources directory empty?

It contains one file on my mirror, "Sources.gz". All the "real"
content is under debian/pool/ nowadays.

> I couldn't find the slang1_1.4.4-1_hurd-i386.deb
> package or its source  anywhere but it got installed?

If you know a package's source, you can fetch everything (source and
binaries built from that) easily from the pool.

debian/pool/main/s/slang/ is slang's directory, for example.

You can't check whether something is "in" a distribution by looking at
directories anymore. The Package files are the only source of this
information (or use <URL:http://packages.debian.org/>)

--
Robbe