Re: dpkg problem installing apache-common

Quoth Marcus Brinkmann:

> The Hurds ldconfig is just a link to /bin/true, to make Debian postinst
> scripts happy. I don't know why ldconfig is needed on Linux, it is not
> required on the Hurd, as all packages are required to have appropriate
> symlinks.

At least, it's nice for people who want to make install stuff to
/local/lib.  Why anybody would actually want to do that is a bit beyond
me, as it is trivial (at least on linux) to fake a simple deb package
using alien on a tgz, but you could still need ldconfig after doing
this.

ldconfig is some times a nice substitute for administrator prowess.  ;)

Oystein
--
Ebg13 arire tbrf bhg bs fglyr..