Re: Woody release?

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> There is another issue. Some udebs depend on the linux framebuffer
> device to build. I don't know how much of this is really used
> (optionally I hope).

I've recently NMU'd cdebconf to not build the bogl (framebuffer)
frontend on the Hurd. This seems to resolve many udeb's problems:

anna, cdebconf-udeb, choose-mirror, file-retriever, main-menu,
nano-udeb, rootskel, and udpkg were already uploaded

Jeff: I think you should add

  deb <your_mirror>/debian unstable main/debian-installer

to your sources.list to make turtle notice that those things are not
actually "missing" anymore.

debian-installer-utils, and wget-retriever have not been rebuilt yet,
but should work once they are.

ash and busybox are not turtle'd yet, but could work out of the box.
Jeff?

The following probably need some porting to make them work:
dhcp-client-udeb, pump, netcfg, netkit-tiny, and ppp. Not all seem
required.

Anything coming from kernel-image-di is of no use to us, that includes
kernel-image-* and a lot of *-modules-* udebs. We'd have to provide
gnumach and hurd udebs, though.

ethernet-card-detection and detect are probably useless too because
gnumach is ... monolithic.

--
Robbe