Re: Wow! I just built oskit in Hurd!

> But it worked! I must say that I am very impressed. Now, if
> I had only given it the "--prefix=/" option during configure...

You want "--prefix=" (an empty prefix).  For the kernel itself, it really
doesn't matter if you configure it or just do "make install prefix=".
For oskit, it writes directory names into some scripts it installs.

Not to discourage you, but there is no particular reason to build oskit and
oskit-mach (or gnumach) natively on Hurd instead of building on Linux.  For
these, you don't even need a cross-compiler setup--just the Linux native
compiler is fine.