Wow! I just built oskit in Hurd!

... and the smp sample kernel booted!

It took a grueling 75 minutes, wherein my spiffy UW SCSI
hard drive made incessant grinding crunchy noises the likes
of which I haven't heard since about 1990 with a ST225 MFM
drive! ( I can build oskit natively for Linux in < 10 mins )

But it worked! I must say that I am very impressed. Now, if
I had only given it the "--prefix=/" option during configure...

Well, one step at a time, I suppose. Next I'll be trying to compile
the oskit-mach source natively. Once that works, I'll be ready to
start tinkering with the SMP code. Anything that will speed up
this legion of wildebeasts will be very useful, I'm sure.

Man, that ncr53c8xx SCSI driver in gnumach-1.2.5 really might
have a performance issue. I hope the oskit-mach drivers somehow
magically make it faster.

Well, that's it for now. Next -> oskit-mach native build.

Any tips or pointers are always welcome.

Regards,
- Doug