Re: Hurd F1 cd-roms - seek guidance

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:

> Hi List!
>
> Just downloaded the F1 cdroms, and finally my formerly broken
> installation appears to be somewhat fixed! Yaay!

I like this kind of comment.

> Except, I would kind of like to use the cd's with apt-cdrom, and
> I just cannot seem to be able to mount them in any way. Maybe
> my custom gnumach is missing something, maybe its something
> else. Here's what I'm dealing with:

apt-cdrom does not work.  I wish someone would fix it.  I suggest copying
the cd file systems to separate partitions, but be very careful about
telling apt about the hurd-extra CD.  If you do this the chances are that
you will end up with a mangled system.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org