Re: Trouble with oskit-mach

On Mon, 09 Apr 2001, Bob Ham wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've been attempting to get oskit-mach up and running but get stuck at
> booting. I configured CVS oskit-mach to use floppy, ide, ne2k and
> ne2kpci drivers, put the compiled oskit-mach in /boot and this in my
> GRUB menu.lst:
>
> title   GNU/Hurd (oskit-mach multi-user)
> root    (hd0,2)
> kernel  /boot/oskit-mach root=hd0s3
> module  /boot/serverboot.gz

this looks good.

> which is just the same as my gnumach entry except having
> /boot/gnumach.gz changed to /boot/oskit-mach.
>
> When I select oskit-mach from the GRUB menu, the machine restarts
> straight away. I've looked through the sparse docs but to no avail. Any
> ideas?

Well, I guess, your oskit-mach crashed really early and reset your machine
immediately. If is this the case it's difficult to say what it causes.
With good debuging skills you can give a start. Of course, you need a
second maschine for that (remote debuging). I got same problems here,
but I haven't had the time for debuging.

wagi

--
Daniel Wagner
email: wagi@gmx.ch

GnuPG: 1024D/DCDE890A (public key available on any keyserver)