non-us turtle (was: openssl)

I wrote to Jeff Bailey:

> I just compiled openssl without a hitch, and it tested out fine. It
> would be good if you could add it to a turtle!

But I forgot that Jeff has stated previously that he is doesn't want
to get into non-us business.

Is there a Debian developer out there interested in setting up a
turtle for non-us packages? To my knowledge manual intervention can be
kept quite low, but you should let it run on a regular basis[1], maybe
rebooting from time to time. You'll move quite some data to/from
Debian servers, so a pay-per-bit ineternet connection is probably not
a good idea. You need to be in a country with liberal crypto policies,
of course.

Footnotes:
[1] 24/7 is not strictly needed, IIRC Jeff's main compile box runs
Hurd+turtle a few hours a day, so dual-booting for work or games is an
option.

--
Robbe