Re: gawk

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 01:39:05PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:
>
> > And make can't cope with the :'s in the directory.
>
> That's probably a know limitation in make, colon being a special
> character and all ... I don't think you can quote it, and that may be
> a genuine make bug. File it if you wish.

Oh my, that really sucks.

> > Turtle for creating the directory in the first place?
>
> Working around this problem with make seems like the best idea. Since
> Marcus is probably reading this, it's also the fastest path ... <g>.

Do you have a good suggestion for what to sbstitute for the : ?
It must be something that can never be a different valid version number in
Debian and works with make and at other places without special quoting.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de