Re: gawk

Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:

> And make can't cope with the :'s in the directory.

That's probably a know limitation in make, colon being a special
character and all ... I don't think you can quote it, and that may be
a genuine make bug. File it if you wish.

> Turtle for creating the directory in the first place?

Working around this problem with make seems like the best idea. Since
Marcus is probably reading this, it's also the fastest path ... <g>.

> Gawk for using a colon in the version number?

Nope, epochs are standard practice.

--
Robbe