Re: Sourceforge/Savannah

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 04:46:09PM -0500, Kevin Everets wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 04:34:20PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > If you need something from sourceforge hurd you can't get (you have
> > extensive permissions except the project admin property), let me know.
>
> Has the possibility of moving Hurd CVS from sourceforge to
> Savannah.gnu.org been considered?

The Hurd CVS has never been at sourceforge.

I think for everyone involved it is much simpler to have some scratch space
at sourceforge, without needing to worry about GNU standards and policies.
When the code reaches a certain stage of development, it should of course be
integrated properly into the official source repositories.

(Think of sourceforge as our /tmp/src, quick and dirty ;)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de