Re: HURD icon attempt number 2 : Full-body Gnus.

On Thursday 29 March 2001 04:52, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> Hi Glenn!
>
> I personally like the original Hurd-logo very much. It is something that
> resembles which is inside and to someone who doesn't know, it looks very
> mysterious.
>  Therefore, of your logos, I'd prefer to have a variant of the first one
you
> did (the one with the balls, boxes and triangles) the only thing I miss is
> the connection between the objects. Furthermore, I wouldn't have them all
> standing on four legs, all numbers of legs should be featured.
>
>  - just my 0.02Euro -
>
> Ulrich Eckhardt

I've had (friendly) complaints about having any legs at all, but I think legs
are necessary. More than four legs might be a bit too abstract (too abstract
for a hurd of grazing shapes?). a hurd is one species and even making them
different shapes is pushing the concept a bit :-)

Check out (if you haven't already) Ian's stylised gnu heads. These would make
a great logo, and a (better than mine) hurd of colourful 3-D gnus (or geomes
if people prefer) could be more of a mascot than a logo.

Glenn Alexander - The man with no surname and a silly hat.
(Now avaliable in China!)

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~glenalec

I use LINUX: http://www.linux.org
and   KDE  : http://www.kde.org

If you gave an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewr...
Hey! that's the internet!