Re: HURD icon attempt number 2 : Full-body Gnus.

On Thursday 29 March 2001 09:11, Ian Duggan wrote:
> I liked the last one on your page best, with the gnus to the left of the
> word Hurd. I did a few variations on it using a simpler symbol for a
> gnu. It might be easier to draw and recognize quickly, but it does lose
> the cuteness factor...
>
> 	http://www.ianduggan.net/hurd/index.html
>
> I like the vibrant colors.
>
> They are, in order of appearance:
>
> 1) Your original
> 2) A variation with simpler gnu heads
> 3) A meeting of the gnu minds
> 4) (3) rotated slightly
> 5) Attached by the horns
> 6) (6) rotated slightly
> 7) A little closer, interlocking
> 8) (7) with a slight variation
>
> --Ian

I like number 2 very much. The other arrangements tend to be a bit too
amstract, I think.

The design has very simple lines and is colourful. It would scale very well
from 32x32 to infinity and is a perfect static logo. Love it.

Doesn't lend itself to cute animation, as you said.
On the other hand, an icon with less stylised gnus doesn't scale well.

I think this would be a very good static icon for HURD and maybe we could use
a more cute one as a secondary icon. ie. Use this one for the business side
of HURD, and a cutsy one for the fun side of HURD
Glenn Alexander - The man with no surname and a silly hat.
(Now avaliable in China!)

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~glenalec

I use LINUX: http://www.linux.org
and   KDE  : http://www.kde.org

If you gave an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewr...
Hey! that's the internet!