Re: update-menus error

Hallo! Du (Joost Witteveen) hast geschrieben:

>Doesn't matter. It is totally clear what goes wrong, and I assume stracing
>wouldn't show much.
>
>Apparently you are the only one who sees the problem on Hurd. Is your hurd
>in any way special (why do the others not see your problem)?

i don't know if it is, if then i don't know in which way. but let's
see, i include the list in the Cc.

Hi list ;-)

I've encountered a problem with the menu-package since my last update
last weekend (24./25.3.) which shows this error message.

worf:~# update-menus
update-menus: Encountered an unknown errno (=1073741942).
update-menus: Could you please be so kind as to email joostje@debian.org
update-menus: the errno (=1073741942) with a discription of what you did to
update-menus: trigger this. Thanks very much.
Press enter

It appears during apt-get upgrade and also if i run update-menus from
the shell.

can anybody confirm this problem, or do i have to find out why my Hurd
is 'special'?

>Also, does the problem also appear when you run (as root) update-menus
>from the commadn line (not from apt)?

Yes.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann   cord@Wunder-Nett.org (Privat)
Wenn Ihr schon immer mal wissen wolltet, was mit den Kids passiert, die beim