Re: What next?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 03:08:10PM -0800, Ian Duggan wrote:
> I've got The Hurd up and running on a machine now. I've been waiting to
> do this for months (years?) and finally got around to it!

But we waited much longer for you to do it ;)

> I'd like to get involved in contributing to the project. (gnumach, hurd,
> debian) and can currently contribute C, C++, perl, php, java, shell
> scripting, etc... I can also assist in any web development or scripting
> surrounding the projects web pages.

We have jobs for any expert. Just listen on the list and poke around for
bugs, you will soon enough be able to find something that just waits for you
to be done. Then post your intention together with any questions you might
have to the appropriate forum (debian-hurd or bug-hurd).

> Can someone point me to documentation that I should read up on first?

You should definitely take a look into Thomas paper and the info doc.
Maybe the OSF Mach docs.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de