Need to cross-compile gnumach for sym53c8xx SCSI

Hello list,

I need to make a gnumach without Adaptec, with Tekram D-390F, and with
eepro100. I have
the Hurd installed and can boot with Grub until I get a kernel panic
because of my BIOS
disabled Adaptec SCSI, and it doesn't detect the Tekram. I re-enabled
the Adaptec, but
then gnumach simply couldn't locate the root partition. I really don't
want to rewire my SCSI
cables again, and the Adaptec has an IRQ conflict with the Geforce2MX
anyways.

I saw a web page that had info on cross-compiling Hurd, but any info
would be appreciated.
I suppose setting up a cross-compiler might be a good idea anyways. My
Linux setup is a
modified Debian 2.2 with slackware XFree86 v 4.0.2, Linux kernel 2.4.2,
and libc-2.1.3.

In Linux, I use the "sym53c8xx" SCSI driver.

Alternatively, I might try to pick up a 1Gb IDE drive, but Ebay doesn't
have any cheapies right now :-)

Thanks for any help in this matter.
- Doug