Re: libpng -> libpng2

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:18:19PM +0100, Bob Ham wrote:
> On http://people.debian.org/~jbailey/turtle/group/Debian/index.html, libpng
> is listed as "out of date", with version 1.0.5-1 as the binary version and
> 1.0.8-1 as the source version.  However, getting and building the
> libpng-1.0.8-1 source package produces libpng2 and libpng2-dev rather than
> libpng and libpng-dev.
>
> Just letting you know.

Thanks - The packages that are listed in the turtle web page are the
source packages, which don't have to have anything to do with the
binary packages.

For example, "whiptail" is provided by the package "newt", which is what
you'd see on the web page.

If you click on those links, it should show you a list of binary packages.
It might be interesting (When Marcus gets around to writing the different
web page views) to have a "binary package" page where you can look up the
status of those packages.  I don't think it will be easy to write, though.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey