Re: NTP + Build updates

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 09:37:38PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:

> From what I've seen, there is a one-day (typical) delay
> between when a dependency has been built and when dependees are ready,
> because turtle wants to install dependencies only from the ftp server
> (where they have to go through the dinstall routine).
>
> It would be fine if turtle could access packages built by itself
> immediately, cutting short the round trip around ftp.debian.org. Maybe
> this is already possible by some set-up tricks, and Jeff has just not
> done it, though?

There's nothing really stopping me from using packages from either
incoming, or from my pool between the time I build them and run purge.

What's mostly happening is that I start it and go to bed.  I get up in
the morning, and I upload, purge, and update the web page.  The one
day delay is caused by the day job in between. =)