Re: NTP + Build updates

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 04:21:48PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > There should eventually be one for most of the suspended packages - I
> > purged my database, since I was doing many operations by hand.  This
> > left turtle thinking that some packages still needed to be uploaded,
> > even though they already had been.  In the next week or so, this
> > should sort itself out.
>
> My complaint is really with the web interface, which is not very easy to use.
> Whatever information there is or isn't in the database, the web pages do
> not make it as quick and easy as it should be to figure it out.

More precise critique is always welcome.  You already suggested to link
certain elements to turtle online documentation (which has to be written).
This is a good suggestion and it will come (however, I would like to couple
this with a texinfo user manual, so this particular item will take some
time).

For now I have taken a straightforward approach to map the database content
to a tree of web pages; short cuts, summaries and wrappers around internal
symbols like "install_source" are only slowly being added as needed. I rely
on users input (most of the recent improvements are due to Jeffs feature
requests) to improve the web page: I am currently much to deep in the code
to even notice any shortcomings right now.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de