Re: NTP + Build updates

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 12:28:55PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:

> Yeah, that page looks good. The package list
> (turtle/group/Debian/index.html) should be sorted, though.

It's on the turtle TODO list.

> A short comment /why/ some packages are suspended would be nice, too.
> My interpretation of "suspended" is that autobuilding is disabled
> until some event (i.e. bugfix) takes place. The details vary
> obviously, and should be available to the interested (c.f. build logs
> for "failed" packages).

Packages only get suspended by hand - There's no automatic operation to do
that, so the computer doesn't know why.

In this case, those are packages that failed to build in the past.  I
wanted them recorded in the database, but didn't want to waste CPU cycles
trying to build something that I new was going to fail.

I'll be taking the suspend flag off of most of them this week, or next
weekend.  Any remaining suspend flags will be applications that crash
the hurd *during* compile.

> I looked at the exim build log, and it breaks because pcre.h is not
> found, which should be in libpcre3-dev (proper build-dep declared).
> libpcre3-dev_3.3-5_hurd-i386.deb, as available on my mirror includes
> the file. What gives?

If you look carefully, I produced libpcre3-dev this weekend.  =)  Also, the
next iteration of Marcus' program will correctly report failed build-dep
problems, instead of simply reporting 'fail'.

I suspect about half of the 'fail's are in fact bad build-dep, so this page
will become significantly more useful over the next week or so.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey