Re: Hurd F1 CDs

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 07:51:23AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:

> > > Exim does not configure properly.  This means that mailx, at, mutt and
> > > logrotate will not configure either.
> >
> > I haven't updated exim in the archive yet - Should I do that soon?
>
> If I could download a package from somewhere in about 14 hours?

Okay, I will try and do this before I go to sleep, between 1 and 2
hours from now.

If I am successful, I will upload it with the rest of my package batch.

> > > ae is replaced and will not run after the initial dselect run.  ed does
> > > not work either.  They complain about missing libslang.so libraries.
> >
> > There are new slang libraries in tommorow's dinstall run.  They're in
> > incoming now.
>
> Good, I will do a high speed update in about fifteen hours, ie  after the
> the mirrors have finished their updates.  Data charges for my high speed
> service are not being introduced until 1 April.

Yuck. =(  They haven't started charging for usage on my service yet.

> > > With luck the Hurd sub-set can be frozen to night and useful CD images
> > > produced Monday or Tuesday (NZST).
> >
> > Errrr..  tonight which timezone? =) If I've got a couple hours, I can
> > spin up some packages for you and try to correct problems.
>
> I am 12 hours ahead of GMT which means that I will be going to bed in
> about four hours and waking up on Monday 26 March.  Chatham Islands (part
> of NZ)  is 12:45 ahead.

Okay.  So we're about 4 hours and a day apart. =) I am -8 GMT, I
should be in bed now and will wake up on Sunday (no morning or
afternoon claims <grin>)