Re: Hurd F1 CDs

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Jeff Bailey wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 06:40:57AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
>
> > Exim does not configure properly.  This means that mailx, at, mutt and
> > logrotate will not configure either.
>
> I haven't updated exim in the archive yet - Should I do that soon?

If I could download a package from somewhere in about 14 hours?

> > ae is replaced and will not run after the initial dselect run.  ed does
> > not work either.  They complain about missing libslang.so libraries.
>
> There are new slang libraries in tommorow's dinstall run.  They're in
> incoming now.

Good, I will do a high speed update in about fifteen hours, ie  after the
the mirrors have finished their updates.  Data charges for my high speed
service are not being introduced until 1 April.

> > With luck the Hurd sub-set can be frozen to night and useful CD images
> > produced Monday or Tuesday (NZST).
>
> Errrr..  tonight which timezone? =) If I've got a couple hours, I can
> spin up some packages for you and try to correct problems.

I am 12 hours ahead of GMT which means that I will be going to bed in
about four hours and waking up on Monday 26 March.  Chatham Islands (part
of NZ)  is 12:45 ahead.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - prefered.           philipc@debian.org