Re: parted

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 06:33:21PM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> I was just trying to add parted to my list of packages, 'cause I thought
> I remembered someone saying it had been ported.  The archive contained
> parted-1.4.10.  Is this supposed to contain the port?  Am I on crack?

Uh, Neal was just posting the patch to bug-hurd. It will take some
time to get it incorporated by the upstream maintainer, released and
having a new Debian package.

The changes were quite massive.

> In other news, this was being compiled on my second turtle.  I found my
> monitor cable, so the permanent (In the same sense as the "permanent"
> spacestation in the sky <grin>) Hurd Box is alive and living again.

Wow :)

> I notice that there's alot "_all"'s still sitting in the Hurd
> directories.  Shouldn't that have been all cleaned up with package
> pools?

I don't know.  Might be that they are only removed with the next update of
these packages (which are installed in the pool).