Re: Gcc 2.95.3

> I saw a note from Andreas Jager saying that gcc 2.95.3 had some very
> important bug fixes in it that caused Linux Kernel compile problems.
>
> Is it worth compiling up new gnumach and Hurd packages with the new
> compiler (when it's packaged) to see if it fixes the proc server?

I would not expect it to.  The issues that tend to arise in the Linux
kernel are with device driver code and the like, where the kernel source
often uses GCC extensions or presumptions about compiler behavior that do
not continue to hold when the optimizer does something new.

We have no particular reason to think that the proc server's crash is
related to any compiler issues.

If gnumach were behaving oddly, then it might well be a compiler issue with
the device driver code (that comes from Linux).