Re: Some questions on mouse and screen

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 12:14:01PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 12:33:35AM +0000, Frederico S. Muñoz wrote:
> > Thins is, when I set the translator to /dev/ttyS0 and
> > protocol=microsoft the mouse freaks out... X starts, and it moves,
> > more or less, but if I press a button it will go down, things like
> > that, I can't make a straight line of 2 cm with him, totally
> > crazy. Protocol mouseman isn't implemented afaik and I've lost the URL
> > of the japanese page where the protocols were discribed...
>
> easy enough to find with google (I checked ;)

I have also checked, since I had printed the first page of it some months
ago,and I tried to get it by searching on the title and stuff like that; still,
I've found it on Kernel COusin, thnks :)

> > so when I
> > set it with device=ps2 protocol=ps2 X doesn't start due to a mouse
>
> Try without device.

...and apparently with ps/2

> > problem (/dev/mouse not found). As anybody with either a ps2 mouse (to
> > give me the ps2 semantics so I can use my second mouse) or ths kind of
> > logitech mouse (to give me the magic translator) help me?
>
> You can use the native X mouse driver. Just specify
>
> Section "Pointer"
>        Protocol        "MouseMan"
>        Device          "/dev/com0"
> EndSection
>
> This seems to be slower, thow, and laggish.

Didn't knew this way, assumed thet everything had to pass by the mouse
translator. Will try, slow and laggish is better tha nothing at all
(and my ps2 mouse si not in top shape).

Best Regards,

fsm
--