Re: Some questions on mouse and screen

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 12:33:35AM +0000, Frederico S. Muñoz wrote:
> Thins is, when I set the translator to /dev/ttyS0 and
> protocol=microsoft the mouse freaks out... X starts, and it moves,
> more or less, but if I press a button it will go down, things like
> that, I can't make a straight line of 2 cm with him, totally
> crazy. Protocol mouseman isn't implemented afaik and I've lost the URL
> of the japanese page where the protocols were discribed...

easy enough to find with google (I checked ;)

> so when I
> set it with device=ps2 protocol=ps2 X doesn't start due to a mouse

Try without device.

> problem (/dev/mouse not found). As anybody with either a ps2 mouse (to
> give me the ps2 semantics so I can use my second mouse) or ths kind of
> logitech mouse (to give me the magic translator) help me?

You can use the native X mouse driver. Just specify

Section "Pointer"
       Protocol        "MouseMan"
       Device          "/dev/com0"
EndSection

This seems to be slower, thow, and laggish.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de