Re: update-menus and the Hurd

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 08:52:09PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   Is update-menus supposed to work?

No, as you noticed, it is broken. I know that I found one bug quite easily
(don't remember the details, but I think I have the source tree around
still), and also saw the other bug you found.

>  The version in the archive got
> "signal 13", whatever that is, when trying to run every menu script, and
> one I built myself gave me this:
>
> update-menus: Encountered an unknown errno (=1073741942).
> update-menus: Could you please be so kind as to email joostje@debian.org
> update-menus: the errno (=1073741942) with a discription of what you did to
> update-menus: trigger this. Thanks very much.
> Press enter
>
>   I suppose I could try actually debugging it, but I was wondering if someone
> could tell me what these numbers mean.  Is 2^30 the infamous EGRATUITOUS?

Write a small program to strerror the number above.
If you could cooperate with the maintainer of update-menus to work out the
problems, that would be great. I never found the time.