Re: g++ on the hurd?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 10:26:43PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> was heard to say:
> > > Gnomes is big. I build most of the basic gnome libraries and the gnome core
> > > itself without a lot of problems. Sorting out the remaining problems and
> > > submitting bugs for them (I didn't) is an easy task.
> >
> >   Do you have packages/information on this?  Did you use esound, or can
> > Gnome be compiled without it? (that was the major issue I encountered..)
>
> esound can be compiled without sound support ;) (I think I tweaked the
> configuration so it had some dummy files for the Hurd or so). I can probably
> remember it when looking at the source.

  Ok, I've gotten that to work without too much hacking (the esound-clients
package doesn't get built on the Hurd, I'm not sure if this is good or not..
I could have it build an empty package instead, I guess)

  Daniel

|           Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you              |
|           tied them the usual way.  This happens to us all the              |
|           time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.            |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/