Re: Old message about ftpfs that works :)

"Frederico S. Muñoz" wrote:

> BTW, any info on how to rm the dirs that filed? After reboot they are
> all gone, but in the same session they stay there ad eternum,
> appearing and giving errors at every ls. I have tried rm, rm -f,
> rmdir, a different settrans, kill and kill -9 to the translator
> attached, and no results; it's either busy or it's unable to unlink.

What seemed to work was:

kill -9 all the ftpfs translators,
kill -9 the hostmuxer,
settrans -g /ftp.

(Somebody else can probably tell us the proper way to do it ;)

Now there should probably have been a (configurable) timeout built into
the ftpfs translators.  If they don't have such a timeout, they will
eventually eat all the VM space on a long running system.

At this time, though, I can't see that this would be a big cause for
concern, as there seems to be some memory leakages that would kill the
system long before stale ftpfs'es..

Oystein
--
Ebg13 arire tbrf bhg bs fglyr..