Re: compiling packages

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 01:35:56PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Jeff> Brian, did you post these packages somewhere?  I'd like to
>     Jeff> use them to build sendmail.
>
> No, I was not happy yet with the results. sasl had broken Depends, and
> the openldap libraries were broken by libtool.

Okay - as soon as you're at least midly content with them, can I have
them?  I really don't get along with Exim, but the Debian package really
wants these.

> Yesterday I upgraded my network at home from coaxial to twisted pair,
> but guess what computer doesn't have a twisted pair network adaptor?
> Correct, it was my Hurd computer[1] :-(.

Hmm, you appear to be 19 timezones from me, so you're probably too far to
run an adapter over. ;)

> I hope to fix this ASAP (as soon as I found a network adaptor that
> doesn't crash Gnumach --- the only one I have got working yet is the
> current 3COM card), and should be able to give you my deb packages
> then, if you still want.

Updating network cards in gnumach from the Linux source isn't that
difficult, you may want to consider that.

> [1] yuck. should I say "my Hurd", or "my the Hurd computer"[2]?

My solution tends to be to give it a name like "oasis", "desert", or "you
stupid hunk of crap"... ;)

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.