Re: Reports & Questions

Niels Möller wrote:

> Sorry for my ignorance, I suspect xterm has been discussed many times
> before, on the debian lists and other places. So if there are other
> reasons for it being setuid/setgid, please enlighten me.

As far as I know, xterm is setgid utmp because it wants to update
/var/run/utmp (rw-rw-r-- root.utmp), which again is used by applications
such as w(1).  I do not think it needs to be setgid for other purposes
than nice loggability.

Of course, I am not a "linux distribution with X" developer, so I
wouldn't know for sure...

Oystein
--
Ebg13 arire tbrf bhg bs fglyr..