Re: recode 3.6

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:36:46PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:

> > > [...] Generated automatically by ltconfig (GNU libtool 1.3.4 [...]
> >
> > I can't say for sure that this is the reason, but there was definitely an
> > issue with this version. Try updating to the version contained in Debian
> > package 1.3.5-2 (or greater).
>
> I have just done that and the problem is still there.
> Any more suggestions?

Compare the config.log, config.status and the build log between hurd and
linux. Wathc out for any suspicious differences. Grep for architecture
specific stuff in configure.in of recode.

Everything related to building shared libs is the same on the Hurd and on
Linux, so every difference in compiler options etc should stick out like a
thorn.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de