Re: panic: trap

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 04:10:15PM +0100, Dan Bylund wrote:
> When try to boot Hurd on my computer with a Adaptec 2940UW PCI card
> it gets a panic.

That card is a trouble maker! At least it was with the old linux drivers,
whic are still used in GNU Mach. You can try to cross compile GNU Mach,
and update the scsi driver for this card (with the 2.2.x version, or
backport some fixes or so). When you got it working, let us know what
changes re necessary (send in a patch or source file.

> Computer: Celeron 375Mhz, Abit AX6B R1.20,  128MB memory.
>
> On another computer, older one, with the same card and disks it works OK.

Oh, missed that on first read. Strange enough, but the old adaptec 2940
drivers definitely are not in the best shape.

> It hangs after scsi init, when I push a button, the dump writes out.

This panic happens always when pressing a key before the keyboard stuff
is set up properly. Should be fixed at some time.