Re: Getcwd?

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> The better concept will be to shadow filesystems in one tree, similar to
> unionfs on BSD.

Is this implemented in the hurd yet?

> No, it is just fine. You can try "settrans -c /ftp /hurd/hostmux /hurd/ftpfs"
> for some extra coolness. (And access /ftp/sunsite.uio.no etc).

I'll probably have to try that some time.  I figure bash could even make
a better ftp client than ncftp  ;)

> Please be more specific. I thought you were trying to kill ftpfs, which is
> not store based. storeio on device files are seperate processes which can be
> killed, too (if you are meaning the CD ROM lock, I am working on a patch to
> make it work right).

No, then it was probably the ftpfs process (i did something like ps aux|
grep sunsite and tried to kill the one that showed up, not especially
noticing what it was called).

Do you have links to Thomas' paper and your article?  My German is
almost as bad as my Russian these days, but all those classes should let
me at least understand the easy parts  :)

Oystein
--
This message was generated by a flock of happy penguins.