Re: pthreads in hurd

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 06:13:01PM +0100, Erik Verbruggen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 08:09:39PM -0500, Igor Khavkine wrote:
>
> > Mark Kettenis did substantial work on a native implementation of
> > pthreads as part of the glibc. I continued the work and implemented
> > most of it, but then I ran out of free time. There are still a
> > couple of small but important pieces missing and it has to be properly
> > integrated into the glibc build. You can get the latest effort
> > from either http://alcor.concordia.ca/~i_khavki/ or
> > http://www.fprintf.net/hurd/.
>
> I got it, and checked some functions. If I understand the TODO file
> correctly, only pthread_sigmask and sigwait have to be completed. I'm
> now checking Hurd and glibc to see how signals propagate in Hurd.
>
> Erik.

Yes and no. The other part of the code that's not done yet is in the
actual thread creation. Try to trace through the pthread_create call,
you'll find that the code gets confused when the Mach thread has
to be created. I got confused then because I found two different functions
which seemed to do the same thing, __mach_thread_setup() and
__mach_setup_thread(). One was already in the glibc and the other
was only in the pthread patch. And didn't finnish sorting through them
when I stopped working on the code.

Igor