Re: new apt source available

Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
>    Jeff> I have tested: apt-get source, apt-get install, and apt-get
>    Jeff> remove using the 'ftp' method.  They all appear to work
>    Jeff> within normal parameters.
>
>I have been trying the http method. It does not seem to work properly
>via a squid cache:

I'm having rather odd problems with the http method at the moment. I
know what follows is a slightly pointless example, but I forgot to
deselect it for installation. :)

Get:12 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main doc-linux-text 2000.09-1
[4599kB]
Err http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main doc-linux-text 2000.09-1
  Select failed - select (1073741828 Interrupted system call)

This happens on occasional packages; sometimes (but not always) the
error repeats immediately if I try again immediately afterwards, but
doing something else for a moment (like entering dselect's Select screen
briefly) seems to clear it.

Note that I'm working in a fairly non-standard way, so if it doesn't
happen to anybody else it might not be too big a deal: I'm running
inside VMware (I know, I don't like their licence either, but I'm told
Plex86 doesn't boot the Hurd yet so for now it's that or nothing) and
telnetted in from the host machine.

Cheers,