oy more install problems

Heya, okay, I have an unfortunate problem installing GRUB; my drive happens
to have an overlay that does address remapping (I guess), so GRUB only sees
a small, incorrect partition rather than the three that it should see when
booted from a floppy. I've tried several times to install it as per instructions
onto the harddrive from the grub shell in Linux (because I imagine it would have
no problems if it loaded after the ovelay in the boot process). Anyone know how
to do this?

as always,
nick
            nick@grawk.net * http://www.fargus.net/nick
    Developer - Systems Engineer - Mad System Guru - MOO Sales
    He picks up scraps of information/He's adept at adaptation
Because for strangers and arrangers/Constant change is here to stay