Re: Hurd limitations

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> uh, contact the task package maintainer. Maybe we need architecture specific
> task packages, or a suggests rather than a dependency, or architecture
> specific task packages. Or (finally) we will have all-linux and all-hurd,
> and make a different task package for all-linux or all-hurd. I don't know
> what's the best solution is for task packages.

The problem with task packages is the dependency line.  HURD will want
differenty named libraries and utilities.  Some task packages may work
without modification, others will work on both platforms with Linux | HURD
alternatives, but I suspect that some at least will have to be rebuilt
specifically for the HURD.

Task packages are some simple that even I can build them.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - prefered.           philipc@debian.org