Re: Q: Hurd & pthreads

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:37:11PM -0500, Igor Khavkine wrote:
> I mentioned to Neal before that I started doing some work on that.
> I actually implemented all the missing pthread functions except
> pthread_sigmas() and sigwait(). Attached is the sum of my work.
> It was mostly done during the holidays and it's far from even
> actually working, but at least it's more recent then Marks' work.
> But most of the code is there and it just needs to be successfully
> integrated into the glibc source tree and corrected for compiler errors.
>
> Beware, that another part of the code is not complete. The part that
> actually allocates the stack and spawns a new thread. The code to
> do that is actually there. I was simply debating whether to use
> the __mach_setup_thread() fucntion provided by glibc or to write
> something specifically for pthreads.
>
> I didn't post the code sooner because I thought I'd be able to
> complete it, however once the new year started school work took
> over my time with a vengence.

It will be good if you put it on your site http://multiverse.twu.net/.  Or
may be it is down because I cannot access it?

Anyway it's now part of Hurd Web page until there is a better place.
http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~ogi/hurd/pthread-hurd.tar.gz
http://fprintf.net/hurd/pthread-hurd.tar.gz (soon)

The archived message http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd-0101/msg00146.html
can be used too except the unconvenience the file is named bin00000.bin

--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""