Re: Q: Hurd & pthreads

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:10:37AM -0500, Neal H Walfield wrote:

> > How difficult are these tasks?
>
> On a scale from one to ten, I would have to say that it is not ten, nor
> is it one.  You really need to understand the mach API (i.e. ports and
> tasks) and glibc.

The issue is that the Hurd is not a traditional OS where you can
generally find everything in one place.  It's a collection of scale-6
problems, that turn it into an overall scale-8 solution. =)

(Thx, btw for the link to kettenis' page - I've been wondering how far he
got on it.)

--
Anyone who sais "Sticks and stones may break my bones but
words will never hurt me" has never had a dictionary thrown